You can use an interlibrary loan to borrow media from other libraries that are not in the ULB collection. In order to do this, you must be in possession of an Athene or ULB card and need to set up an interlibrary loan account.
You can open and top up your interlibrary loan here:
- “Service & Information” counter at ULB Stadtmitte
- “Service & Information” counter at ULB Lichtwiese
Please note our . opening hours
After every submission of an interlibrary loan order, your interlibrary loan account will immediately be debited, see: . Please be sure to pay a sufficient amount at the “Service & Information” counter first. Charges and costs
Interlibrary loans for TU staff
TU staff can apply for an interlibrary loan account after submitting the (opens in new tab) . The fees are then paid by the ULB. TU staff are asked to use the Declaration on work related use (opens in new tab) to top up an established interlibrary loan account. “Top up interlibrary loan account” form
Details of the interlibrary loan account
You can check your borrowed media (including interlibrary loans) in your . To log in, please enter your library card number and password. A link will take you to the interlibrary loan system, where you can view the amount available for interlibrary loans (“Balance of interlibrary loan account”) and check the validity of your interlibrary loan account. Library account
You can only order media that are not available in the library system of TU Darmstadt. You can then order them online directly after your research via the interlibrary loan portal. It is a condition that the desired literature is required for professional or scientific purposes as well as for training and further education.
Not provided as interlibrary loans
- Media that are available in your library system.
- Literature that is available in book stores for less than 15 euros, as in this case it would cost more to process the interlibrary loan than to purchase the book.
- Entire volumes of journals, although copies of individual articles from trade and scientific journals may be ordered.
- Articles from copyrighted newspapers and kiosk magazines
- Reference works and loose-leaf editions, although copies of individual articles may be ordered.
- Particularly valuable works published before 1800, although copies or digital copies can usually be ordered.
- Media in poor condition.
- For commercial users: due to the new copyright law, any copy that comes from a work that is not in the public domain.
Placing an order
If your search in was not successful, you can click on the “Interlibrary loan” link located beneath the message. Your search query will be forwarded directly to the interlibrary loan portal. TUfind
Of course, you can also search directly in the . After registration, you can start your search via the predefined search mask and, when you find the required work, order it immediately online. Interlibrary loan portal
If you do a search of all the German networks (default setting) without finding the work you are looking for, you can place a “Free order”. You will find the relevant button in the left column when you log in. This will open a blank order form for you to enter as much information as you can on the book or article you are looking for.
An online order usually takes about two weeks (this information is for guidance only). A free order will take a little longer.
We will inform you as soon as we receive the work you ordered as an interlibrary loan. You will receive an email if we have your email address; otherwise we will notify you in writing.
Interlibrary loans that cannot be lent out will only be available to you for reference at the ULB locations Stadtmitte and Lichtwiese.
International interlibrary loans
If you are unable to find the medium you want either with us or in another German library, you have the option of requesting an international interlibrary loan. The fee for this is 7.50 euros. You are also obliged to bear any other costs incurred.
Charges and costs
You will find further information on here. Charges and costs
If you need the book for longer than the loan period, you can apply for an extension. Extensions are possible on request up to a maximum of three working days before the end of the loan period and subject to reservations. Please use the corresponding link in your library account to apply or go to
. Extension application interlibrary loan
Alternatively, you can obtain a printed form from the “Service & Information” counter or from the reading room.
If you do not hear from us, you can usually keep the book for another four weeks. We shall notify you if it is not possible to extend the loan. Please note that you can only extend a loan twice.
You can see your borrowed interlibrary loans in your library account.
If you have any further questions, please contact our interlibrary loan information office on 06151 16-76251 or 16-76252, or email email@example.com-….
- Digital Course Reserve
- Semester Apparatus for Teaching Staff at TU Darmstadt
- Athena Card
- Repro Service
- Open Access Publishing Fund
- Scanning Service
- Submission of Habilitations
- Elsevier Emergency Assistance
- Digitisation on Demand
- Room Bookings
- ULB Card
- Submission of Dissertations
- ULB Profile
- Opening Hours
- Book Request
- Registration of ULB Card (Library Card)
- Deposit Copies
- Information and Advice
- Extending Books
- Digital Collections
- Annual Report of the ULB
- Lecture Room
- Lost Property
- Standards and Technical Guidelines
- ULB for TU Employees
- Gender Equality Officer
- Collecting Media
- Provision of Media
- Changes of Address
- Borrowing Privileges
- Library Account
- Exhibition Profile
- Library Card
- Fire Warning System for the Hearing Impaired
- Cloakroom Lockers
- Loan Periods
- Reminder Fees
- ULB Card Password
- Gripping Aids
- Extending the Loan Period
- Loss of a Library Card
- Wi-Fi via eduroam
- Viewing Stacks
- Electronic Newspapers
- Lecture Hall
- Organisational Chart of the ULB
- Regensburg Library Classification Scheme (RVK)
- ULB Kompass
- Topping up Athene and ULB Cards
- Right of Use
- Special Area ULB Lichtwiese
- Loss of Books
- Loss of a Book or Medium
- Classification Scheme
- Secondary Publication
- Collection Times
- Library Tours
- Old Stock
- Chromebook Loans
- Bibliography of TU Darmstadt
- Photography and Filming in the Library
- Open Access at TU Darmstadt
- Publishing Fund
- Athene Card Password
- DIN Standards
- Extending Interlibrary Loans
- Rules for Use
- Coffee Lectures
- Temporary Password for Athene Cards
- Temporary Password for ULB Cards
- Forgotten Password
- Payment Options
- Undergraduate Assistants
- Archive of TU Darmstadt
- Relaxation Areas
- Mobile Network Access
- Books from Hong Kong
- Single Study Rooms
- Group Work Rooms
- Book Flea Market
- First Publication