Kick-off event with panel discussion and Open Access exhibition
The TU Executive Board invites you to talk to each other about Open Access. All TU members are warmly invited to join in the discussion!
Monday, 23 October 2017
5-8:30 p.m. in Building S1|03 (Altes Hauptgebäude, Hochschulstr. 1), Room 283 (Wilhelm Köhler Hall)
5 p.m. Welcome, Professor Dr Andrea Rapp (Vice President Scientific Infrastructure)
5:15 p.m. Introduction, Dr Thomas Stäcker (Director ULB Darmstadt)
5:30 p.m. Keynote, Dr Stefan Schmeja (TIB Hanover – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology): SLIDES
6 p.m. Panel discussion with audience participation: “How can Open Access become better anchored at TU Darmstadt?” with
- Dr Stefan Busch (Director of Business and Process Development, SpringerNature)
- Professor Dr Ulrike Nuber (Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, TU Darmstadt)
- Professor Dr Marc Rittberger (Professor of Information Management at DIPF and Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences)
- Dr Stefan Schmeja (TIB Hanover – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology)
- Dr Thomas Stäcker (Director ULB Darmstadt)
- Moderation by VP Professor Dr Andrea Rapp
7 p.m. Reception and Open Access Exhibition with TU participants, science initiatives and publishers
- Exhibition stands with Open Access offers at TU and beyond
- Space for conversations
from the workshops Presentation slides
Workshops: “Open Access at TU in practice”
The University and State Library and the E-Learning working group of the Centre for Educational Development and Technology show you how you can make research results and teaching materials more visible (basic and specific offers by TU Darmstadt on Open Access and Open Educational Resources).
Monday, 23 October 2017, 3-4:30 p.m. in Building S1|03 (Altes Hauptgebäude, Hochschulstr. 1), Room 283 (Wilhelm Köhler Hall)
Tuesday, 24 October 2017, 3:20-4:50 p.m. in Building S2|02 (IT Department), Room B002
Wednesday, 25 October 2017, 1:30-3 p.m. in Building L2|03 (Chemiehörsaalgebäude, Alarich-Weiss-Str. 6), Lecture Hall 05
If you are interested in another workshop in the department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org-….