The University Archive: from Documentation Centre to Public Archive
In 1965, the Rectorate of TH Darmstadt established an archive office at the Chair of Contemporary History for the collection of materials on the history of the university. With the introduction of the presidential constitution in 1970/71, the university archive was merged with the press office.
In 1993 it relocated to the House of History, which is shared with the Hesse State Archive Darmstadt, the Hesse Economic Archive, the Darmstadt City Archive, the Hesse Family History Association, the Historical Association of Hesse and the Historical Commission for Hesse. The four archives maintain a common reading room for viewing archive material.
Technical University of Darmstadt
- 1836 “Höhere Gewerbschule” vocational college in Darmstadt
- 1869 ”Großherzoglich Hessische Polytechnische Schule” polytechnic school
- 1877 Polytechnic elevated to the “Technische Hochschule zu Darmstadt” technical college
- 1899 Right to award doctorates
- 1908 Women admitted to study
- 1997 Name changed to ”Technische Universität Darmstadt"
- 2005 Autonomy status
- 2010 Extension of autonomy
- 2015 Tenth anniversary of the Autonomy Act
- 2016 Commencement of the five-year extension of the Autonomy Act
Make History – Join in!
- Volunteering, internships
- Alumni and former members of staff can offer their documents
- Research and research projects using the holdings of the University Archive