Publication of a dissertation – an overview
(opens in new tab)Diagram for the publication of a doctoral thesis
2. Upload dissertation, enter metadata and abstracts.
3. Click on “Save for later” to receive a URL and a URN, which you can insert in your document.
4. The ULB will receive the form (opens in new tab) from your Departmental Office. “Declaration relating to the doctoral thesis and transfer of rights"
5. Publication by ULB.
6. Confirmation is sent to the Departmental Office.
7. Inclusion in library databases increases visibility in the Internet.
How to publish your dissertation in the TUprints repository
For English subtitles, click the cc at the bottom right of the video.
Other ways to a doctorate
Submission of printed dissertations
If you have published your dissertation in printed form with a publishing house, you are obliged to send six print copies to the ULB. Send them by post to:
University and State Library Darmstadt
Digital Publishing Team
After further testing steps, we will send confirmation of receipt to your Departmental Office. There is no direct delivery.