- What does the Council of the EU do?
- What is the Council presidency and how does it work?
- List of presidencies of the Council of the European Union
- (opens in new tab) Future presidency up to 2030
Swedish presidency of the Council of the EU 2023
During the first half of 2023, Sweden holds the presidency of the Council of the EU. Sweden has identified four priorities for the work under its third presidency of the Council:
- Security and unity.
- Green and energy transition.
- Democratic values and the rule of law.
The Swedish presidency will prioritise continued economic and military support for Ukraine, as well as support for Ukraine's path towards the EU. It will devote its attention to European competitiveness, reducing risks of volatile energy prices and energy market reform, the green transition and the upholding of the rule of law.