enables you to manage your literature, research in specialist databases and library catalogues, process literature content, collect quotations, organise knowledge, design texts, plan tasks and automatically create bibliographies in various citation styles. Citavi
The campus licence allows all students and staff at the university to use Citavi 6 for Windows and Citavi Web free of charge.
How do you get Citavi?
Activating the campus licence
- Open your with your TU email address. Citavi account
- Click on the login icon in the start window.
- Enter the login details for your Citavi account. Citavi will take the licence information from your account.
Citavi in PC pools and at centrally managed workstations
It is possible to use Citavi on a large number of PCs at TU Darmstadt. As a system administrator, please contact the Information Competency Team.
Citavi functions overview
With Citavi you can
- let the ISBN work for you: the ISBN is sufficient for transferring data to Citavi
- import search results that have been saved as a text file or on the clipboard
- transfer data from book trade directories, library catalogues and specialist databases
- evaluate websites and text documents with the free additional program Citavi Picker
- enrich literature references with quotations and notes and enhance them with keywords and categories
- work easily with your word processor
- create bibliographies in various citation styles and insert them in your own work
Using Citavi to search library catalogues and databases
Citavi's “Research” function allows you to search German and international library catalogues such as the local catalogue of ULB Darmstadt or the Hesse Union Catalogue. Search results can be transferred. If titles are transferred from the ULB catalogue, the location information (signatures) will also be imported.
Citavi can be used to search licensed databases if the computer is connected to the university network either by cable or Wi-Fi. No searches can be carried out in licensed databases using Citavi from outside, not even with VPN access.
Some databases that are licensed for the university network cannot be searched with Citavi either for technical or for licensing reasons.
When carrying out literature searches, please remember that it is better not to use Citavi for differentiated searches, but to visit the particular database and use the database website's extended search options. The search results can be saved and then imported into Citavi. You might also have access to the full texts in the database website.
Customising the list of library catalogues/databases
You can permanently transfer your choice of databases from the Citavi resource list to your list. Please note, however, that the databases that are not licensed for the university network may also appear in the resource list.