Open Access Week
During international Open-Access-Week several events and initiatives took place. All regarding open access – the free access to scientific information, sources of human knowledge and cultural heritage.
TU Darmstadt informs on an annual basis about all offers and activities regarding Open-Access and discusses with its members. The ULB and the Center for Educational Development and Technology’s E-Learning AG offer workshops during this whole week for the departments regarding current services and offers for Open-Access and Open Educational Resources at TU.
Open Access Week 2020
October 19 – 25, 2020
This year, scientists at TU Darmstadt will be informed by e-mail about the latest developments on Open Access.
- AG Open Access was founded in June 2018 as a TU-wide discussion forum. The next public meeting will take place in November 20202. Discuss with us!
- The Open Access Policy of Technical University of Darmstadt was adopted on 29.08.2019.
- Since 2019, TU Darmstadt's institutional repository for research data – TUdatalib enables the secure archiving and sharing of research data, as well as publication of data, software and code under open licences.
- The DEAL contract with Springer Nature was signed in January 2020. The participation of TU Darmstadt enables its authors to publish open access articles in hybrid or pure OA journals of the publishing house without further costs.
- The publication guidelines came into force on 1 February 2020. They apply to all scientific publications created at TU Darmstadt and specify the recommendations of the OA policy. “Technische Universität Darmstadt” and “Technical University of Darmstadt” are being specified.
- “Technische Universität Darmstadt” and the “Technical University of Darmstadt” have been defined as standardised designations. “Technische Universität Darmstadt” and the “Technical University of Darmstadt” have been defined as official and binding affiliation designation.
- Since 23 March 2020, an interface between the web service Dissemin and the university's repository TUprints facilitates the self-archiving of your publications.
- The “Open Access und Open Educational Resources in den Ingenieurwissenschaften” (OpenIng) project ends this year. All TU members and affiliates will benefit from the new digital publishing services.
- Prof. Andrea Rapp was appointed OA-Beauftragten (OA commissioner) in summer semester 2020.
- Open access is an important topic also and especially for research data. TU Darmstadt has a leading role in the consortiumNFDI4Ing – Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastrukturen für die Ingenieurwissenschaften which officially started work on 1. October 2020. This includes the development of a journal for quality-assured open access publication of research data and their description for the engineering sciences.
- TU continues to be involved with HeFDI – Hessische Forschungsdaten-Infrastrukturen in the development of sustainable solutions for research data management in Hesse.
The University and State Library supports you in open access publishing by providing information, advice, financial and technical support, first publication and self-archiving:
- Information on the ULB websites and individual advice by mail and zoom, workshops on request.
- financial support from the OA fund for journal articles and monographs, special conditions of publishers and the possibility to publish your own OA journal
- TUprints, the OA repository of TU Darmstadt, enables all members and affiliates to publish various types of publications free of charge, such as articles, books, book chapters, publication series, conference proceedings or university papers.
Would you like to make articles that have already been published available to Open Access?
This can be done as a single secondary publication, where you upload your document to TUprints yourself, using the Dissemin web service, which searches for your publications, checks their availability and loads them into a free repository such as TUprints, or via the self-archiving service, where the ULB takes care of all processes for you, from checking rights to uploading permitted publications.
Open-Access week 2019 at TU Darmstadt
- Filling the frame with content – arrangements for the implementation of TU Darmstadt’s Open-Access-Policy.
Join the discussions in the public meeting of AG Open Access Policy
Mo. 21-Oct-2019, 1 – 3 p.m., S1|20 ULB Stadtmitte, Magdalenenstraße 8, auditory 01
- TU’s offerings for Open Access (OA) and Open Educational Resources (OER)
Information desk and individual consulting
Mo. 21-Oct-2019, 3 – 5 p.m. S1|20 ULB Stadtmitte, Magdalenenstraße 8, auditory 01
- Quality, reputation and impact: new developments in the scientific publication system
Panel discussion with Prof. Rittberger and Prof. Rapp, Prof. Stäcker
Mo. 21-Oct-2019, 5 – 6.30 p.m. S1|20 ULB Stadtmitte, Magdalenenstraße 8, auditory 01
Following this, a small welcome will be arranged.
Open Access Week 2018
Event with interview
TU Darmstadt’s executive board invites to engage conversation regarding Open Access. All members of TU Darmstadt are cordially invited to join the discussions!
All events will be accompanied with a snack. No registration needed.
- Open Access: a topic for TU Darmstadt
Interview with Prof. Rapp, Prof. Stäcker and Prof. Wiemeyer
Monday, 22nd October 2018, 12:00 – 13:00
Location: S1|01 Karo 5, Karolinenplatz 5
- ORCID international standard for author identification
Benefits for scientists and possibilities of practical implementation
Speaker: Dr. Gernot Deinzer UB Regensburg
Tuesday, 23rd October 2018, 12:00 – 13:00
Location: S1|05 Maschinenhaus, Room 22
- Workshop OpenIng
Open Access for Environmental Engineering
Yvonne Kirschner, Nicole Rosenke (ULB) & Christina Hoppe, Markus Weber (HDA)
Wednesday, 24th October 2018, 12:00 – 13:30
Location: L4|02 HMZ, Frankziska-Braun-Straße 10, conference room 24
- Join public conference of AG Open Access Policy.
Create a frame for OA at TU Darmstadt
Thursday, 25th October 2018, 13:00 – 14:30
Location: S1|20 ULB Stadtmitte, Magdalenenstraße 8, conference room 123
Open Access-Week 2017
Event with open forum and Open-Access-Fair
TU Darmstadt’s executive board invites to engage conversation regarding Open Access. All members of TU are cordially invited to join the discussions!
- Monday, 23rd October 2017 17:00 – 20:30 Locaton: S1|03 (Altes Hauptgebäude, Hochschulstr. 1), room 283 (Wilhelm-Köhler-Saal)
- 17:00: Welcoming, Prof. Dr. Andrea Rapp (vice president für scientific infrastructure)
- 17:15: Introduction, Dr. Thomas Stäcker (director of ULB Darmstadt)
- 17:30: Keynote, Dr. Stefan Schmeja (TIB Hannover – Leibniz-information-center engineering and science): slides
- 18:00: Open forum with audience involvement: “How to successfully integrate Open Access at TU Darmstadt?” with:
- Dr. Stefan Busch (Director of Business and Process Development, SpringerNature)
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Nuber (Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, TU Darmstadt)
- Prof. Dr. Marc Rittberger (Professor for information management at DIPF and Hochschule Darmstadt)
- Dr. Stefan Schmeja (TIB Hannover – Leibniz-information-center engineering and science)
- Dr. Thomas Stäcker (Director ULB Darmstadt)
- Presented by VP Prof. Dr. Andrea Rapp
- 19:00: Reception and Open-Access fair with TU participants, science initiative and publisher
- Fair stands for Open-Access offers at TU and more
- Opportunity for discussions
Workshops: “Open Access at TU in practice”
The ULB and Center for Educational Development and Technology’s E-Learning AG are introducing how they are planning to make research results and teaching materials more visible (basis and concrete offers at TU Darmstadt for Open Access and Open Educational Resources).
- Monday, 23rd October 2017, 15:00 – 16:30 building S1|03 (Altes Hauptgebäude, Hochschulstr. 1), room 283 (Wilhelm-Köhler-Saal)
- Tuesday, 24th October 2017, 15:00 – 16:30 building S2|02 (dep. Computer science), room B002
- Wednesday, 25th October 2017, 13:30 – 15:00 building L2|03 (Chiemiehörsaalgebäude, Alarich-Weiss-Str. 6), auditorium 05
The 2017 workshop presentation slides can be found here.
Should you be interested in further workshops in the department, please contact email@example.com-….
The 2016 workshop presentation for Open Access at TU Darmstadt Open Access at TU Darmstadt – make research and teaching materials more visible can be found here.
Video from international Open Access Week 2016 at TU Darmstadt.