Open Access Week
During international Open-Access-Week several events and initiatives took place. All regarding open access – the free access to scientific information, sources of human knowledge and cultural heritage.
TU Darmstadt informs on an annual basis about all offers and activities regarding Open-Access and discusses with its members. The ULB and the Center for Educational Development and Technology’s E-Learning AG offer workshops during this whole week for the departments regarding current services and offers for Open-Access and Open Educational Resources at TU.
Open Access Week 2018
Event with interview
TU Darmstadt’s executive board invites to engage conversation regarding Open Access. All members of TU Darmstadt are cordially invited to join the discussions!
All events will be accompanied with a snack. No registration needed.
- Open Access: a topic for TU Darmstadt
Interview with Prof. Rapp, Prof. Stäcker and Prof. Wiemeyer
Monday, 22nd October 2018, 12:00 – 13:00
Location: S1|01 Karo 5, Karolinenplatz 5
- ORCID international standard for author identification
Benefits for scientists and possibilities of practical implementation
Speaker: Dr. Gernot Deinzer UB Regensburg
Tuesday, 23rd October 2018, 12:00 – 13:00
Location: S1|05 Maschinenhaus, Room 22
- Workshop OpenIng
Open Access for Environmental Engineering
Yvonne Kirschner, Nicole Rosenke (ULB) & Christina Hoppe, Markus Weber (HDA)
Wednesday, 24th October 2018, 12:00 – 13:30
Location: L4|02 HMZ, Frankziska-Braun-Straße 10, conference room 24
- Join public conference of AG Open Access Policy.
Create a frame for OA at TU Darmstadt
Thursday, 25th October 2018, 13:00 – 14:30
Location: S1|20 ULB Stadtmitte, Magdalenenstraße 8, conference room 123
Open Access-Week 2017
Event with open forum and Open-Access-Fair
TU Darmstadt’s executive board invites to engage conversation regarding Open Access. All members of TU are cordially invited to join the discussions!
- Monday, 23rd October 2017 17:00 – 20:30 Locaton: S1|03 (Altes Hauptgebäude, Hochschulstr. 1), room 283 (Wilhelm-Köhler-Saal)
- 17:00: Welcoming, Prof. Dr. Andrea Rapp (vice president für scientific infrastructure)
- 17:15: Introduction, Dr. Thomas Stäcker (director of ULB Darmstadt)
- 17:30: Keynote, Dr. Stefan Schmeja (TIB Hannover – Leibniz-information-center engineering and science): slides
- 18:00: Open forum with audience involvement: “How to successfully integrate Open Access at TU Darmstadt?” with:
- Dr. Stefan Busch (Director of Business and Process Development, SpringerNature)
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Nuber (Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, TU Darmstadt)
- Prof. Dr. Marc Rittberger (Professor for information management at DIPF and Hochschule Darmstadt)
- Dr. Stefan Schmeja (TIB Hannover – Leibniz-information-center engineering and science)
- Dr. Thomas Stäcker (Director ULB Darmstadt)
- Presented by VP Prof. Dr. Andrea Rapp
- 19:00: Reception and Open-Access fair with TU participants, science initiative and publisher
- Fair stands for Open-Access offers at TU and more
- Opportunity for discussions
Workshops: “Open Access at TU in practice”
The ULB and Center for Educational Development and Technology’s E-Learning AG are introducing how they are planning to make research results and teaching materials more visible (basis and concrete offers at TU Darmstadt for Open Access and Open Educational Resources).
- Monday, 23rd October 2017, 15:00 – 16:30 building S1|03 (Altes Hauptgebäude, Hochschulstr. 1), room 283 (Wilhelm-Köhler-Saal)
- Tuesday, 24th October 2017, 15:00 – 16:30 building S2|02 (dep. Computer science), room B002
- Wednesday, 25th October 2017, 13:30 – 15:00 building L2|03 (Chiemiehörsaalgebäude, Alarich-Weiss-Str. 6), auditorium 05
The 2017 workshop presentation slides can be found here.
Should you be interested in further workshops in the department, please contact email@example.com-….
The 2016 workshop presentation for Open Access at TU Darmstadt Open Access at TU Darmstadt – make research and teaching materials more visible can be found here.
Video from international Open Access Week 2016 at TU Darmstadt.