is one of the most prominent artists in the region of Darmstadt at present. In his „breathing“ colour fields, the manyfold overlappings of colours, and the different surface structures he demonstrates nothing more than painting itself. Gerd Winter‘s pictures are the response to his reflections about the act of painting. The surface on his pictures always reflects the corresponding gesture. In his paintings and etchings on the alphabet Gerd Winter substantiates his graphic abbreviations to clear and evident images of the letters A to Z, as a sum of the utterable. Where else, than in a location where speech and texts, words and letters are professionally dealt with, could these pictures find their place. The artist’s exhibition is complemented by historical illustrations of the alphabet from the Historical Collections of the ULB Darmstadt. Gerd Winter
The exhibition is opened at 18 October 2022 at 06.00 p.m. in the lecture room of ULB Darmstadt in presence of the artist.
- Dr. Manfred Efinger, Kanzler Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Porf. Dr.-Ing. Herbert De Gersem, Vizepräsident für Wissenschaftliche Infrastruktur und Digitalisierung
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Stäcker, Direktor ULB
- Gerd Winter
- Galerie Netuschil
- Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Darmstadt (ULB)
UG 1 – Ausstellungsbereich
Daily 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
02. January until 07. January: 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Closed: 24. December 2022 until 01. January 2023