TUfind – the search portal of the ULB Darmstadt
News from the Library
On March 1st the „Long Night of postponed papers … and other texts“ will take place for the first time in the reading rooms of the ULB Stadtmitte and will be jointly organized by the Writing Centre and the ULB. go
Intermittent restricted entrance to ULB Stadtmitte
In the exam period from mid January to mid March, in former years usually between 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., the ULB Stadtmitte registers a high increase in visitors. When reaching the maximum number of visitors allowed by the fire authority we are impelled to restrict the access to the library. In case, please use the learning centres provided by the nearby departments of the university. Thank your for your understanding.
Starting from 15 February library users are allowed to take along their jackets and bags into the reading rooms of ULB Stadtmitte and ULB Lichtwiese. This makes the use of the library much easier and comfortable. Customers who still want to lock up their belongings can rely on the lockers on the usual terms.
Till 5 March you can test the electronic version of the Historisches Wörterbuch der Philosophie (HWPh). The encyclopaedic German lexicon documents in around 6000 articles the origin and genesis of 3670 philosophical terms and concepts. It describes their changes of meaning and functions from their first appearance till today. go
Library Anniversary: 450 Years of Knowing – Collecting – Imparting
Anniversary events and publication:
- the exhibition “Objects of Knowledge” from 2 November 2017 to 4 February 2018 at the Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt
- the exhibition “Milestones of Library History” from 11 November 2017 to 11 March 2018 at ULB Stadtmitte
- the opening ceremony “450 years of Knowing – Collecting – Imparting” on 16 November 2017
- the jubilee congress “Prospects of Library Building in the Digital Age” on 17 November 2017
- Festschrift zum 450jährigen Jubiläum was released on 16 November 2017