Highlights and News:
- Digitization of Pessach Haggada
- Digitization of Flora Graeca
- Hortus Sempervirens, 77 vols published around 1800 – historical text and reference book on plants, with delicate colored illustrations.
- Crowdsourcing georeferenced maps
- Animated cultural heritage: “Flipbooks” for Gero-Codex and Goldene Bulle Kaiser Karls IV
Incunabula (1450 to 1500)
Incunabula (approx. 900), digitized during a project sponsored by DFG, including navigation by incipits.
Local and regional sources about Darmstadt
Darmstädter Zeitung 1872 ff (incl. supplements)
Darmstädter Adressbücher (street and population directory, historical yellow pages) 1819 ff
Darmstädter Gesangbücher (hymn-books)
Darmstadtia, historical sources of Darmstadt
Selected historical material, e.g.:
Reden zur Rektoratsübergabe (Headmasters' and rectors' speeches)
Hochschulführer der TU (Historical student guides)
Approx. 10.000 historical punches on book bindings.
from University and State Library Darmstadt
from University and State Libary Darmstadt
Digital collections are coordinated by the digitization center of ULB Darmstadt (DIZ).
In many cases, digitized material from reproductionorders or digitization on demand) is integrated into our digital collections on the web.
Digital objects are taking an increasing percentage in our overall stock. Digital collections, however, mostly deal with historical material until about 1920.
So why digitization?
- historical interest in form or contents of e.g. old maps, manuscripts, incunabula or younger material
- conservation of sensitive, problematic or already damaged stock
Digital collections are easily accessible worldwide on the internet.